Saturday 30 June 2007

Coffee table & things...

Gotta love the weekend...Today we went to Smith street in Fitzroy/Collingwood just to have a look at different shops and I wanted to buy some buttons at the Lost & Found Market. This shop is awesome, they have a lot of vintage things and we found our new coffee table. Fell in love with it straight away. We had been looking for a new coffee table since we moved in to our new place in March...but it's either too expensive, too difficult to get home because it doesn't fit in the car, it doesn't match our other furniture etc etc..but this one is just perfect. It's one of those old danish ones. The beautiful plate was a present from Marcel when we moved in to our old place, and the table and plate match perfectly.

our new coffee table

Marcel also brought me another present this week. An awesome book called 'hip hotels atlas' and it's amazing. It has hotel decors from all over the world and it has beautiful pictures and colours, truly inspirational. Guess that's the good thing about being with a photographer.



hip hotels atlas by Herbert Ypma

I also worked on another bag, but I feel it's not finished yet...maybe someone can give me an idea on what to do with it. I feel that the little pocket needs something...a button or ...

work in progress

The next pattern is something I did a while ago when I was thinking about designing something that really goes with 'hollabee' and they sort of look like speech bubbles. The thing I really like about it is that it could basically be printed in any colour. This next one is red, but I am using an ice blue one in my picture/tag.

red bubble ... I think it's sort of obvious now that I love dots...

2 comments:

Lara said...

Cute pattern! But I can't see your other pics for some reason...

Jodie said...

Thats a great bag - I don't think it needs anything ! Lovely work and great fabrics