Thursday 17 July 2008

pencil cases...

Wow, it's been a very hectic and busy week. I've been sewing for the last two weeks to get everything ready for the Melbourne Design market, which is on this Sunday. And just as I thought that I'd have some quiet time, the orders are coming in again. I really shouldn't complain because this is what I love doing. Even though I'm working part-time now, it is still a juggle getting everything organised and ready but I'm getting there.

I came up with a personal theme for the Design market as I wanted to do something 'different' and because it is winter I have been sewing warm and snuggly things such as hot water bottle covers and scarves. I hope people will like them.
Both Marcel & I sleep with hot water bottles because electric blankets are expensive to buy and to run. Our hotties only take 1 litre of water each per day and we recycle the water in the morning. We don't have a garden so we figured out that we could also recycle water by keeping it in a bucket and fill up the toilet to flush it. I reckon it works because our water bills are always super low. Of course this is not the only thing we do to save water, but I just wanted to justify using hot water bottles vs. electric blankets. I really love my hot water bottle...it's always so cold in our bedroom because there is no heater :(

Here's a picture of what I've been doing the last two days...for a wholesale order.



I might sew some more and put them in my etsy shop.

1 comment:

Ulla said...

Pencil cases seem to be a new fashion; my daughter has made very similar hand stenciled natural linen pencil cases for her Etsy shop paperiaarre this spring and they have been selling well to my knowledge. I have always loved new, long pencils and a nice pencil case belongs to school start.