Tuesday 10 February 2009

Donate...



For the past two days my thoughts have been with the people affected by the bush fires in Victoria. Although we're safe here in Melbourne and I don't really know anyone who's directly affected, my heart aches thinking about all the lives lost. It goes beyond comprehension...

I'm very proud of all the Australians who are standing strong and form a community. Over 12 million dollars has been collected, and more is still needed. Please visit the Australian Red Cross website to make your donation... you can donate from where-ever you are in the world. The money cannot buy back the lives lost, but it will help building up communities again.

Thank you.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I am trying to get some ebay or etsy listings with sales going straight to donations. You can find out more info http://handmadehelpsout.blogspot.com/2009/02/how-to-be-involved.html
if you are interested.

Heather Moore said...

It's so awful to see and hear about these fires, and even from the other side of the world I feel the sorrow. My thoughts are with you Australians.

tiel said...

i feel the same way Bianca. I have thought about donating items, but have donated funds instead because it is the best option for now.maybe down the track when people have re-established themselves into new homes that will be a time for something material. good for you for mentioning it.