Monday 9 July 2007

snowboarding ...

No crafts for me the last weekend, but a fun packed freezing cold snowboarding weekend. On Friday morning we jumped in the car to go to Warragul, where we booked a cabin for the weekend. We changed into our snow gear and drove up to mt Baw Baw where we found that we had to put the snowchains on our car because it was snowing heavily. Once we got to the skiing resort we took our snowboards and headed for the slopes. Marcel & his brother had never been to the snow, let alone gone snowboarding so I was their teacher for the first day. Marcel was doing great and managed to control the board pretty quickly. Nic needed some more encouragement and a lesson. So we headed back to the cabin, and decided that they should both take lessons on Saturday. They had a 1 hour private lesson, and got to know the basics. It was another awesome, but snowy and cold, day.

I went up and down the mountain a couple of times and then we decided to go to our cabin. That was at 5pm...by 11pm we finally reached our destination. Someone had managed to drive their car over the edge and the road had to be cleared before they let people drive down the mountain. They checked if cars had snowchains and we were sent down in pairs of 2 cars with at least 20 meters distance. It was an adventure...but a good one. Yesterday we spent some more time snowboarding, and unfortunately it was raining so within an hour we were all soaked...which was very cold, but we had fun. Then it was time to go home to Melbourne...I don't think I have ever done so much driving up and down mountains, but it was all good. Until the alarm went off this morning and I had real trouble getting out of bed...I definitely need to get fit if I want to do this more often, every muscle in my body hurts. Thankfully I have some things to look forward to...finishing another bag on my new sewing machine, Harry Potter & the order of the phoenix movie, Harry Potter's 7th Book, Christina Aguilera concert, a possible 2nd snowboarding trip...

No comments: