Wednesday 12 September 2007

darkness...

I spent 2.5 hours in the dark yesterday...well sort of...Williamstown, North Williamstown & Newport had a power failure at around 7.45pm. It was very strange, I was eating my yummie pistachio gelato in front of the tv and all of a sudden everything went black. Pretty weird navigating around the house in the dark. Thank god I found my shoes and the front door. Some people were coming outside since we have emergency backup lights in the hallway. In the end we ended up having a drink in the hallway, first it was me and 2 guys that live in our block/level. Later on more people joined as they came home...quite funny that it takes a power failure to get to know your neighbours, but it was great, had such a laugh. The power came back on at around 10pm, but we spent till midnight drinking & chatting. The drinking bit wasn't such a good idea tho...not on a weekday anyway...


I thought a pic of darkness would have been appropriate but useless, so here's one of another wheatbag wip.

No comments: