Friday 2 May 2008

holland...

It took a while but we're in Holland...back in my home town. We landed on Sunday at 5.40am and went straight 'home' where my family and friends were waiting for us. It was fantastic to see all of them again, I haven't seen most of them for 2 years. After everyone got to meet Marcel, and we caught up with some Aussies, we went for a walk. It's great to get to see my hometown through Marcel's eyes...everything is so different all of a sudden.


Madurodam :: miniature holland

a few things are
- you can watch into peoples homes
- everything is so neat and organised
- it looks like everyone has interior designers
- everything is so green
- everything is nearby...


Cheese shop in Den Haag

On Monday we went to visit The Hague and Madurodam (miniature Holland) which was so cute. I had never been there before and everything is replicated in a scale of 1:25, super cute. Afterwards we went to Scheveningen...Holland's most popular beach which was very empty because it's soooo cold here now. We were hoping for spring weather but it's still only around 16 degrees.


Amsterdam

Tuesday was reserved for Amsterdam. We strolled the streets and visited some awesome exhibitions. We stayed the night and got into our orange gear for the biggest festival of the country...30 April = Queensday! On this day the whole country turns orange and we celebrate our former Queen's birthday. Our current Queen decided to keep the day and not change it to her official birthday which is in January.

That's a short recap of our trip...now were off to Cologne in Germany to visit one of my uni friends.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

ach wel mooi! Dag ik ben Anna. Mijn Nedelands is wel slecht!

SeaBird said...

I enjoyed your fabric design article in MixTape and am stopping by for a visit! What city is the Madurodam in? It sounds cool. I've only been to Amsterdam, but would love to get back and explore the rest of Holland as well!

SeaBird
www.SeaBirdChronicles.com

erika said...

great to see you are back in Holland and enjoing yourself, have a great stay Germany.

Kangaroopals said...

I want to visit Holland...since I was a little girl... after seeing photos of cities of Europe from an old national geographic magazine en espanol... it's different when you are born in south america...

tiel said...

oh bianca, it looks great. Only just having been there myself I am very drawn to this post.

I really loved Amsterdam. Out of the 3 cities I visited in Europe this time, Amsterdam was my favourite...I can see why you miss this part of the world.

enjoy the rest of your trip.

Corrie said...

oh gorgeous photos...now I'm kicking myself that I never revisited holland despite living in london for over 3 years....I don't think travelling as an 8 year old counts! beautiful...have fun....

Belinda said...

Oh, if you get a chance could you post a photo of Scheveningen? My husband and I went there (in the Winter) and absolutely loved it. And we later found out that my Oma lived a few streets back from the beach when she was growing up.