Saturday 5 July 2008

because I promised...

Yesterday I said I'd be back with more sewing pictures...here they are...warm winter scarves.





I bought this beautiful pink wool from the remnant bin at Darn Cheap fabrics and I've been waiting to use it for a special project. Well, even though scarves aren't all that special they're definitely cosy and warm. Perfect for Melbourne's winter weather.

The dusty pink and lavender work really well for these scarves I think. I'm not really a person that wears dusty pink or lavender because my skin is too pale, but I think they'd be really nice for little girls.

and of course...I'll be back with more pictures later...more sewing to finish.

10 comments:

Cindy said...

The scarves are lovely. I like the new blog look as well. I can't wait to see what is on offer at the markets.

Liesl said...

I shall definitely have to visit the Bamakko stall. The scarves are really beautiful. You have been busy!

Handmaiden said...

Bianca , not sure about little girls but this big girl loves them.
Sharon

Unknown said...

Really pretty color combination! Good luck at the show.

Penny said...

I love the remnants bin at Darn Cheap! Really nice scarves.

Laura said...

Just found you through cacadadaydreams blog, and what beautiful goodies you make! I love your new scarf creation and your funky printed textiles!

Pina said...

So lovely.
I am so happy that at last we have a real hot, hot summer.

Jenaveve said...

These are really pretty! Hmm...soft pink wool always makes me smile.

I drove past Darn Cheap Fabrics in Newport on the weekend... but it was gone! They used to be on the corner of Melbourne Road and Mason St. Any idea where they have moved to?

Noni said...

*gazes in awe* Beautiful...

Amy Kerr-Menz said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! I don't really own or wear much lavender or dusty pink either...but the combination you've put together is stunning :)