Thursday 31 July 2008

therapeutic sewing...

I've been absent from blogland for a while now and of course it's all to do with ink & spindle...which is coming along great :)
It's a lot of hard work, but it's oh so worth it. Our floor looks just stunning and with that done, we're onto the horrid blue window sills and doors. We'll be painting them a beautiful green (we've already done one door).

Coming home after many exhausting days and nights of DIY has left me with little energy to do anything else, so it has been very quiet on the design side of things. I've managed to do some sewing...therapeutic sewing so to speak. I just love sitting in front of the tv making things...at my pace that is.



I made some fabric baskets of the new fabric that arrived last week...my last ever run of floating :( The colours I've printed are a beautiful warm red, a sand and a black on creamy linen. I haven't had the time to take any photos of it yet as it's always dark when I get home from work and DIY but I'm planning to take some pictures this weekend.



Till then...take care and keep an eye on the ink & spindle blog...that's where I seem to be spending lots of time now ;)

7 comments:

Jan said...

I've been enjoying reading about your hard work!! You ladies are amazing! I love DIY, but I know it's exhausting - keep the end in focus!!! Love your work.

Danielle said...

I love the sand ink on creamy linen - just gorgeous!

Wendy said...

SO cute - I love the bucket, esp in that fabric! I've been wanting to make a fabric bucket for awhile, but haven't gotten around to it. I love the handles you added!

Pina said...

Beautiful basket! I thought of making one like this for the slippers that are lying around at the moment. I will, one day when it is not this hot!

Diana said...

Hi Bianca,
I just read over at Lara's blog of your venture. Good luck I can't wait to order fabric. That warehouse is just fab and I love that you girls are getting down and dirty DIY. I'll be sure to promote your biz on my blog when it gets up and running.
Good on you girls!

Jason said...

The fat print is very different. It reminds me of zakka.

Maureen Reynolds said...

Best wishes on Ink and Spindle. What a wonderful work space (even if it does need diy work).